Often a homeowner will neglect their sprinkler system, thinking it is like a part of the house structure. Normally speaking, you don’t have to go climbing in the attic to see if the rafters are still doing their job. The problems with sprinkler systems arises from shifting soil and other environmental conditions. This means you have to pay closer attention to how your sprinkler system is operating. Once a year you should give your sprinkler system a “tune-up”. Most people get sprinkler tune-up in Colorado at the start of the irrigation season.
Regain control… We will run a check of the irrigation controls and programs. This includes dusting away the cobwebs on the timer, making sure the date and time is correct, and that the settings are appropriate for your landscape’s watering needs.
Unobstructed flow… We will check for rocks, dirt, sand and other types of debris that may block the even flow of water from sprinkler heads. Uneven distribution can lead to too much water in some areas and not enough in others, both resulting in an unhealthy landscape and wasted water. Inspect spray heads and make sure they haven’t become buried and debris has not accumulated around them during the winter.
Out with the old… Nozzles and sprinkler heads are designed to withstand normal wear and tear of irrigation, but are no match for errant lawn mowers, the neighbor’s dog or snowplows. We will replace cracked, chipped or worn components, such as sprinkler heads, nozzles, valves or pipes. A broken sprinkler can wreak havoc on lawns, gardens, and water bills, so it is important to check and replace them periodically.
The heart of the system… Valves are the heart of any irrigation system. They regulate the distribution of water throughout the entire system. A leaky valve will waste water and increase your water bill. We will visually inspect each valve to make sure they are operating properly. Before turning on any water to the system, make sure all manual drain valves are returned to the closed position. Overly wet areas in the lawn, resulting in muddy and/or barren patches, may be a result of a leaky valve.
Pressure check… When you first turn the main water valve back on, it is important to make sure the water pressure is at a safe operating range for sprinkler systems. A system with too much pressure will result in cracked pipes, busted valves, sprinkler head leaks and inefficient watering. When restoring water to your sprinkler system, we will open the main water valve slowly to allow pipes to fill with water in a gradual and controlled manner, thus preventing a water hammer and costly damage.
10 Point Sprinkler Tune-Up in Colorado:
1. Clean any mainline irrigation filters
2. Turn on water at stop and waste
3. Properly set and turn on back flow preventer
4. Check all valves and manifolds for leaks
5. Turn on irrigation zones 1 by 1 and inspect for soggy spots in the lawn, pressure loss, or non working sprinkler heads.
6. Inspect pop up spray sprinkler lines for clogged nozzles
7. Reset sprinkler system control timer for proper seasonal watering time
8. Inspect drip-line for proper watering and leaks in the drip line
9. Before Starting System close Back-flow.
10. Provide a detailed list of any sprinkler repairs discovered during initial tune up
At Lawn Pros we design and install sprinkler systems for residential and commercial properties of all sizes. We guarantee 100% coverage of your property by using state-of-the-art design and engineering. Our custom solutions will enhance the beauty and value of any property and will eliminate the need for time-consuming hand watering.
A finely tuned sprinkler system will keep your landscape healthy all year. Here are four important benefits to the Lawn Pros sprinkler tune-up:
1. Ensures the proper irrigation to produce a thick, green, lush lawn all summer.
2. Conserves water, fertilizer, and energy thereby saving you money that would be wasted unnecessarily.
3. Maintains all components in working order making them less vulnerable to the rigors of the elements.
4. Operates at peak efficiency during the hottest, driest part of the season.
The bottom line is that sprinkler tune-up, performed correctly, will irrigate at the proper rate while helping conserve both water and money. Get your project done right and let Lawn Pros sprinkler tune-up in Colorado help you get the grass you always wanted. Give us a call for a free sprinkler tune-up quote 719-963-6267 or 720-221-3606.
We offer sprinkler tune-up in/around the following Colorado cities:
Aurora, Broomfield, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Centennial, Cherry Hills, Colorado Springs,Columbine, Commerce City, Denver, Englewood, Franktown, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Ken Caryl, Lakewood, Larkspur, Littleton, Lone Tree, Monument, Parker, Thornton,Westminster, and Wheat Ridge.